Your Mental Roadblocks
I Can’t. I Don’t Have the Willpower
Have repeated failures changed the way you see yourself? You think you’re weak or stupid for failing at quitting smoking despite the negative impact tobacco has on your health? If you answered “yes” these thoughts are harmful to you and moreover, completely unfounded!
- You are fighting a drug that is as addictive as cocaine or heroin. That’s really powerful! To learn more, go to “Smoking and Nicotine.”
- Willpower alone is not enough to quit smoking. Your determination must be directed at a project that is really dear to your heart. Ask yourself the following question: Is quitting smoking really important to me? If the answer is yes, you have the basis for your motivation. You just need to reinforce it.
Your motivation will be greater if:
- You are convinced that the advantages of quitting smoking surpass the inconveniences that you may encounter.
- You are confident that you can use effective methods to face the difficulties you may encounter.
- The drawbacks of quitting smoking don’t last while the advantages will last the rest of your life.
- The help or supposed benefits tobacco brings come with a host of negative consequences for your physical, mental and economic health. The same advantages can be obtained by a bunch of simple means with positive effects on all aspects of your life.
Other mental roadblocks
Stop fighting. Instead, when you crave a cigarette, try to become more aware of what is happening inside of you.Learn more
Evaluate your confidence in your ability to not smoke when faced with different situations on a daily basis. You could be ready for the next step!Learn more